The long awaited update to SWFAddress has been released and is ready for download. Rostislav has been posting update notes listing new features, such as the new SEO abilities, all week leading up to the release.
- Support for multiple Flash movies in the same HTML page and Ajax.
- New SWFAddressEvent class with support for INIT and CHANGE types.
- New unobtrusive SEO technique.
- Support for Adobe Flash CS3.
- Support for SWFObject 2.0, UFO and Adobe's Active Content embedding.
- New strict mode that adds trailing slashes by default.
- New helper methods for link, window and popup management.
- Ability to configure the script with query parameters.
- The swfaddress.html is optional and not used by default.
- Lots of new and improved Flash based samples.
- Various optimizations and fixes.
Rostislav has been hard at work on this project for quite some time, and the improvements include those which were the most requested by developers. I'm also happy to have been a part of this release by helping with the documentation and an AS3/Flash CS3 sample.
I should also note that rumor has it there may be some t-shirts available to those who donate to the project and help fund future development!